An AFib diagnosis will affect your ability to get life insurance coverage. But, having AFib does not necessarily mean you cannot obtain life insurance. There is life insurance for atrial fibrillation. In this article, we will explore life insurance options for individuals with AFib. Plus, we will also recommend the best companies for this condition.
Can I Get Life Insurance with Atrial Fibrillation?
Yes, it is possible to obtain life insurance if you have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Coverage availability and rates depend on your condition, health, and risk factors.
Insurance companies look at risk based on various factors, including your medical history, lifestyle choices, and family health history. While having AFib may increase your risk profile, it does not automatically disqualify you from obtaining life insurance.
Best Life Insurance Companies for Individuals with AFib
When looking for life insurance for atrial fibrillation, it’s crucial to select a reputable company that comprehends the condition. Of course, you also want a company with affordable rates too.
Here are some of the best life insurance companies for individuals with atrial fibrillation:
- Corebridge Financial: Corebridge Financial specializes in providing coverage for individuals with pre-existing conditions, including atrial fibrillation. They offer competitive rates and have a strong reputation for working with clients with various health conditions.
- Lincoln Financial: Lincoln Financial is known for its underwriting flexibility and willingness to work with individuals with AFib. They offer competitive rates and have a positive track record of providing coverage for those with pre-existing heart conditions.
- Prudential: Prudential is a well-established life insurance company known for its underwriting expertise and willingness to consider applicants with pre-existing conditions. They have favorable rates for individuals with atrial fibrillation, particularly for younger applicants.
- Protective: Protective is often recommended for individuals with AFib due to its understanding of the condition and favorable underwriting guidelines. They offer competitive rates and are known for their excellent customer service.
It is important to note that the availability of coverage and rates can vary depending on your specific health history and other risk factors. Working with an experienced insurance agent can help you find the best life insurance company.
The Negative Aspect of Shopping for Life Insurance with AFib
There are many online resources to shop for life insurance. The problem is that (for now), online quote systems only give you a general price quote from multiple companies. Those prices will not apply specifically to you because your situation is unique. If you have AFib, only after your unique risk factors have been taken into consideration will a life insurance company offer you a life insurance policy.
When I said “for now” what I meant was that the way that life insurance companies offer coverage is ever-changing. It used to be a much longer process. Today, your risk factors are fed into an algorithm, and the system determines if the insurer will make you an offer. AI is changing the way life insurance companies work. So, what’s the best approach for you right now?
The best way for a person who has AFib to be successful at applying for life insurance is to go ahead and complete the request for a life insurance quote. In the notes section of the request, state that you have been diagnosed with AFib. The insurance will contact you and work with you to get you the coverage you want. An experienced agent can be a significant factor in getting your best offer. There is a lot more good information to read below about the process of getting life insurance with Atrial Fibrillation. But if you want to jump ahead and start the process, click on the button below.
Advice From An Experienced Agent
I’m Van Richards, and I am the author of this article. I am a Chartered Financial Consultant, financial advisor, and an experienced life insurance agent. When you request a quote from this page, I am the person who will contact you and work with you to find the best life insurance at the lowest rates.
Factors That Impact Rates
Several factors influence the rates you will be offered for life insurance coverage with atrial fibrillation. These factors include:
- Severity of AFib: Insurance companies consider AFib severity, type, and frequency.
- Treatment and Medications: The treatment plan and medications for AFib will be considered. Insurance companies will want to ensure that your condition is well-managed.
- Overall Health: Life insurance rates can be affected by your overall health, lifestyle choices, as well as factors such as blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Age: Age is a significant factor in life insurance rates. Younger individuals with well-managed AFib may have more options and more favorable rates compared to older individuals.
- Family Health History: Insurance companies often consider family health history when determining rates. If you have a family history of heart disease or AFib, it may impact your offer.
How to Apply
The key to applying for life insurance with AFib is to be open and prepared to provide all the requested information to the insurance company. Here are the steps to follow when applying for coverage:
- Work with an Experienced Agent: Partner with an insurance agent or broker specialized in pre-existing conditions. The standard quick quote you get online is not going to be accurate. An agent can help you navigate the process and find the best options for your specific situation.
- Gather Medical Records: Collect all medical records related to atrial fibrillation. This information will help insurance companies assess your condition accurately. Only supply what is relevant. You are not trying to hide anything. Here’s an example. If the insurance company asks for information from the past ten years, keep your answers to that timeframe.
- Complete the Application: Fill out the life insurance application thoroughly and accurately. Provide detailed information about your medical history, current medications, and any lifestyle factors that may impact your health.
- Undergo Medical Exam (if Required): Depending on the coverage you want, you may need to undergo a medical exam. This exam typically includes basic health measurements, blood tests, and a review of your medical history. Keep in mind the conditions and time of the exam. It’s probably not the best idea to have a big meal with drinks and dessert the night before an exam. Also if you get your best blood pressure readings in the morning, try to schedule your exam then.
After submitting your application and completing medical exams, insurance companies will extend offers to you. Review the offers carefully, considering the coverage amount, rates, and policy terms.
Choose the Best Option: Compare the offers and select the policy that best meets your needs and budget. Consult with your insurance agent or broker for guidance in making an informed decision.
Closing Thoughts: Securing Life Insurance with Atrial Fibrillation
Having atrial fibrillation does not mean you cannot obtain life insurance coverage. By working with an experienced insurance agent and providing accurate information to insurance companies, you can find options that suit your needs and budget. Remember to choose a reputable company that understands AFib and offers favorable rates to individuals with this heart condition. Take the time to gather necessary medical records, complete the application accurately, and review offers carefully before making a decision. With the right approach, you can secure life insurance coverage to protect yourself and your loved ones. To get your search started click on the button below.